...Prove Their Worth...

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back." - Piet Hein

A kind of running diary and rambling pieces on my struggles with assorted books, classes, and other things, as they happen. You must be pretty bored to be reading this...

Monday, January 20, 2003

Hurrah! I finished my linear algebra textbook tonight. All in all, it was a pretty good ride. The text I used was Lay's Linear Algebra. It's very clear, which is good, and has lots of examples, which is also good, and is nicely integrated, which is a plus. It doesn't have all that much theory in it, though, which is bad for my purposes, and was so easy to work through it felt too easy, which is scary: I don't know whether it prepared me sufficiently for my plans for world domination, which involve learning various obscure bits of math.


I should note that I'd tried using this text once before, in different circumstances, and hated it with a passion. At this point, I'm pretty sure the problems were all on my end (it helps to actually do the fucking exercises - shocking but true), and the text is mostly blameless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home