...Prove Their Worth...

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back." - Piet Hein

A kind of running diary and rambling pieces on my struggles with assorted books, classes, and other things, as they happen. You must be pretty bored to be reading this...

Tuesday, October 08, 2002

The upcoming elections better be good. And I sincerely hope my voter registration comes through on time. Else, I'm going to do something naughty, like take a long, cathartic leak on government property or something equally inappropriate.


I say this because said elections and registration for same have cost me a fair amount of nerves and time today, in the form of an auto accident. I was going to the post office to mail said registration cards and get some stampts. Luckily, it isn't my fault, morally or legally, seeing as the other chap decided to pull out of a shopping mall without making sure there was no one driving down the bloody road, coming out like five meters in front of me. Also luckily, no one is injured, and damage to my car is slight. The damage on his car is a bit worse, but not by much - it probably still qualifies as 'decidedly minor'. Thank goodness for watching the road, brakes, and steering. Well, and seatbelts.


Also, the Geico insurance lady on the phone was very nice. I suppose it's her job, but it was pleasant anyway. Probably because the telephone for me is mainly associated with telemarketers, who are mostly annoying and pushy - this was a breath of fresh air in comparison. Probably helps that she wasn't trying to sell anything, of course - and I was already a customer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home