...Prove Their Worth...

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back." - Piet Hein

A kind of running diary and rambling pieces on my struggles with assorted books, classes, and other things, as they happen. You must be pretty bored to be reading this...

Thursday, October 17, 2002

Did I ever mention that I am a bloody stupid retard*? Well, in case I haven't, I am. Tonight I uncovered more impressive data to support this characterization. You see, only a bloody stupid retard (with delusions of grandeur) would spend about three days filling page after page with matrix calculations, making errors, crossing things out, writing snarky notes to himself about what just happened, and starting over again, ad nauseam. Mind you, the problem doesn't call for any of this. It positively cries out for a five-line solution using elementary properties of determinants. But noooooo. That would have been too easy. Much better to completely forget about the very existence of said properties, and to do things the hard way.



Doing things the hard way builds character, or so the saying goes. Amusingly, the saying doesn't specify what sort of character.



Oh, and to the chap who, according to my referrer logs, came to this page in search of "butt firming exercizes"**, Welcome! (If you come again, for some reason.) May I recommend a combination of linear algebra and Lie group exercises? They do wonders for producing a firm, well-worn arse, I assure you. Proper use of the arse is essential for reproducing my spectacular results, by the way, which should be all the motivation you need to get started on an intensive program of butt-firming.



* - 'Stupid retard' is not repetitive, provided it is properly interpreted. Here, I'm using the phrase to mean 'stupid, even among retards'.



** - According to Google, this page is the number one site on the entire Internet when it comes to "butt firming exercizes"***.



*** - The careful reader will have noticed that it's also the only such site on the Internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home