...Prove Their Worth...

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back." - Piet Hein

A kind of running diary and rambling pieces on my struggles with assorted books, classes, and other things, as they happen. You must be pretty bored to be reading this...

Thursday, August 22, 2002

I spent about six hours straight on one problem, involving a line integral, of all things. Line integrals tend to be relatively easy to do, right? I thought so too. Still do. Nonetheless, I just couldn't get this thing to come out right. And I didn't even need it to get 'the answer', because I saw what it should be using vigorous squinting! But I just couldn't get it come out right.


My mistake: cocking up a dot product, repeatedly, for six hours.


I'm going to go beat my head on the wall now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home