...Prove Their Worth...

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back." - Piet Hein

A kind of running diary and rambling pieces on my struggles with assorted books, classes, and other things, as they happen. You must be pretty bored to be reading this...

Thursday, July 25, 2002

So, I'm adding another link to the right side of the page. The link is to the journal of Charles Stross. I encountered Mr. Stross in several of Gardner Dozois's Best of the Year in SF stories collection, and greatly enjoyed all of his stories that I've had the luck to read. Now, I have found his journal. It kicks much arse. Look, for instance, at just some of the recent material: a long and absolutely fascinating report about his visit to a nuclear powerplant, an interesting look at current EU vs. US power dynamics, and a provocative and educational "political metaphor for the day". There's more there. Very highly recommended reading.



Also, I must recommend his Hugo-shortlisted novelette Lobsters, about a venture altruist. Just start reading it. If you can read more than, say, three screenfuls, and then willingly stop, well, I'd be surprised. Try it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home