...Prove Their Worth...

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back." - Piet Hein

A kind of running diary and rambling pieces on my struggles with assorted books, classes, and other things, as they happen. You must be pretty bored to be reading this...

Tuesday, June 11, 2002

Whoa. We just had a fire in the house. Luckily, it was localized to the inside of the microwave. My brother decided to nuke some frozen pizza. He says he set the thing to three minutes, but I guess he hit zero one too many times, as the thing caught fire. As an added surprise, it turns out that none of the smoke detectors in the house work. We only found out about it because I asked him what he's cooking that's making the stink. We went downstairs, and lo and behold, the kitchen is full of thick, grey, stinky smoke. Eepers. As I said, the damage is mainly to our noses, the pizza, and the general scent of the house. We're working on the smell issues by opening all kinds of doors and windows and deploying The Fan. The pizza is a write-off, I'm afraid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home