...Prove Their Worth...

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back." - Piet Hein

A kind of running diary and rambling pieces on my struggles with assorted books, classes, and other things, as they happen. You must be pretty bored to be reading this...

Wednesday, June 05, 2002

Well. In a stunning display of deranged bumfuckerry, I have yet again got my basic algebra wrong. I need to go back to middle school. That, or crawl under a carpet in shame. Or both. Because, if you get the algebra right, as I did in my next to last post, then the problem actually makes some fucking sense, and is really simple. Because we now have



k_image = (1 + Re[z*f''/f'])/Length[z*f']

and substituting in the proper derivatives for the case that f(z) = z^m



k_image = (1 + m - 1)/Length[m*z^m] = 1/Length[z^m]


Which actually makes some fucking sense, and matches the intuitive picture. Problem solved. Woo-hoo, and a case of whiskey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home