...Prove Their Worth...

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back." - Piet Hein

A kind of running diary and rambling pieces on my struggles with assorted books, classes, and other things, as they happen. You must be pretty bored to be reading this...

Saturday, June 22, 2002

Score. I can finally run about a mile in about seven minutes*. This is admittedly pathetic compared to most people my age, but in high school, I 'ran' a mile in fourteen minutes. Now granted, part of that was an extended 'fuck all ya'll' to the very idea of a mandatory gym class, but a bigger part of it was that I was simply a slow and stupid dork. Now I'm a faster dork (whose intrinsic intelligence is probably unchanged, though I'm a little wiser thanks to 'life experience', natch). Which is cause for celebration, I think, and I just ate a few grapes and a peach to commemorate the occasion.


In other news. Hmm. Not much else in other news. My first impression of vector bundles: "Hey, neat, but isn't this just a really anal-retentive way of saying 'Houston, we have a tangent vector space'?" I'm sure once I find out more about them that impression will be cause for amusement, but so it goes.


* - The error bars on that are undetermined, because I don't own a stopwatch, and I haven't measured my running path with an odometer. But I think the figure is 'about' right, to within something like a minute and something like a fifth of a mile, pulling some numbers out of a hat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home