...Prove Their Worth...

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back." - Piet Hein

A kind of running diary and rambling pieces on my struggles with assorted books, classes, and other things, as they happen. You must be pretty bored to be reading this...

Sunday, June 30, 2002

I've promised myself that I won't put political or social commentary on this page when I started it. That was because I didn't want it to be like the stereotypical "war-blog", devoted to mindless political masturbation and link propagation. I still hold to that principle, but I'm going to violate it right now, with the intention of it being a one-time kind of thing. I do it because I want to record a prediction.



Polling shows something like 9 out of 10 americans want "under god" in the US pledge of allegiance. The US Congress was already fairly apoplectic over the 9th Circuit Court ruling before the poll data came in. This will lend support to their pandering. The political pressure to overturn on the full 9th Circuit, and on the Supreme Court, when it goes there (as it very likely will, I think), will be immense.



If the courts judge upon the constitional merits of the case (that is, ruling the pledge unconstitutional), the United States will pass a constitutional amendment castrating the first amendment.



Or such is my prediction. The whole length posting was to record, on the WWW, said prediction. I hope I'm wrong.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home