...Prove Their Worth...

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back." - Piet Hein

A kind of running diary and rambling pieces on my struggles with assorted books, classes, and other things, as they happen. You must be pretty bored to be reading this...

Tuesday, June 11, 2002

I'm back from tonight's jog. The air outside is warm, with a soup-like consistency. The air inside the house still reeks pungently of flaming pizza. The high points of the jog were seeing a cat, and getting yapped at by a couple of pocket-pooches out walking their human.


I've made some respectable* progress in my real analysis text today - I've knocked over the chapter on the construction of the real number system, and I'm most of the way through a chapter on the topology of the real line. (Mini-rant: I'm developing a vicious hate for inequalities. If I ever meet one in real life, I fear that I may beat it to death with an aquarium tank, if one is handy, or with a rubber chicken, if it isn't.)


* - For an occasionally retarded college-dropout, that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home