...Prove Their Worth...

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back." - Piet Hein

A kind of running diary and rambling pieces on my struggles with assorted books, classes, and other things, as they happen. You must be pretty bored to be reading this...

Saturday, June 22, 2002

I saw Mr. Thumpy tonight. Or at least, so suggests some circumstantial evidence. Whatever I saw was greyish, was about the size of a rabbit, and made the same kind of noise while running that MrThumpy's made when I've been able to positively identify him. Squirrels aren't generally out that late, and it didn't seem like a cat. So, most probably it was a rabbit, and that means Mr. Thumpy.



Unfortunately, as I was observing Mr. Thumpy, I was almost hit by a couple of thirteen year old fucktards on skateboards. This at 11 pm, in almost complete darkness, on a footpath. The mind boggles.



In math news, I'm currently reading Strichartz. I'm beginning to think my impression of his Way of Analysis is wrong. More on that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home