...Prove Their Worth...

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back." - Piet Hein

A kind of running diary and rambling pieces on my struggles with assorted books, classes, and other things, as they happen. You must be pretty bored to be reading this...

Sunday, June 16, 2002

I got chased by a cat last night. I was jogging, and a cat (the one with the cow-bell on his neck) jumped out from under a car, probably mistaking me for a mouse or something. He then jogged after me for a short while, but quickly lost interest and went to investigate a fascinating patch of grass.



In other news, I've read the first chapter of Spivak, and am in the second chapter. The first chapter was not very difficult. The second chapter is harder. I think I need to do the exercises in Ch.1 to get more comfortable with the material. I'm also continuing my readings in Needham. Still on the chapter about topology and winding numbers.



Fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home