...Prove Their Worth...

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back." - Piet Hein

A kind of running diary and rambling pieces on my struggles with assorted books, classes, and other things, as they happen. You must be pretty bored to be reading this...

Saturday, June 22, 2002

Heh. Reed College is unique among the school webpages I've hit in that their 'look at our perfect pretty students' pictures, are, well, not. This suggests that either a) Reed only has unattractive people or b) Reed is actually being honest and more-or-less randomly picking average representatives of the student body. I kinda like Reed, actually. I considered applying there back in high school, but decided against it because a) I didn't think I'd get in and b) I'm probably a 'liberal', but I'm not that liberal, so their reputation bothered me a bit and c) I don't smoke weed, or, as it happens, anything else and d) I didn't want to pay another 'application fee'.



Given that I was unlikely to get into Reed after high school, it's effectively impossible now, as a transfer, with the addition of my scintillating college transcript.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home