...Prove Their Worth...

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back." - Piet Hein

A kind of running diary and rambling pieces on my struggles with assorted books, classes, and other things, as they happen. You must be pretty bored to be reading this...

Saturday, June 01, 2002

Damn. Today has been remarkably unproductive. Of the six problems I've tried today, I've solved two. Whoop-tee-fucking-do, that a positively blistering progress rate. Sometimes, I amaze even myself. I'm not even entirely sure that the two problems I did solve were solved correctly. That is, I'm quite certain my answers are correct, but I'm not sure if my approach is the one that was being asked for. Rats. I'll try again before bed, I guess.


[Maj. Gen. Obvious mode] It seems more and more web sites are going to a pay-site model. Moreover, some are even going to the 'sedated cat in a bag' paysite model. I can empathize with the cost concerns which prompt these moves, but they seem boneheaded all the same. I suppose that that's because I think pay sites are contrary to the entire ideal of the Net. Hurray for the commercialization of the WWW.[/Maj. Gen. Obvious mode]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home