...Prove Their Worth...

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back." - Piet Hein

A kind of running diary and rambling pieces on my struggles with assorted books, classes, and other things, as they happen. You must be pretty bored to be reading this...

Wednesday, May 15, 2002

Ok, enough with the testing. I can't get mozblog to work, which is a shame (and given the fact that it seems to work for others, it's a poor reflection on my l33t hax0r-ness.) Let's try a more substantive update.



Since I last blabbed, I did get the decomposition of the Mobius transform composed. As it turned out, I was simply being a huge tit in my attempts to reverse the given decomposition, managing to completely fuck up applying the very basic concept of what the fuck a transformation is. Through the highly technical techniques* of vigorous squinting, mumbling, and the consumption of three (3) strawberries, I saw the errors of my calculations, carefully applied the definition of a transformation four times in succession, and got the Mobius transformation. I could then backtrack and actually do what I set out to do, which is figure out exactly where the decomposition comes from. Surprisingly, it does not come from Mozambique.



* - Somewhere, somewhen, an English teacher just got a stronger than usual urge to violate a pillow with an axe, and doesn't know why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home